No products were found matching your selection.
Explore our selection today.
Things To Consider When Selecting Your Flooring Option
Before opting for a floor option it is important to consider the following factors:-
- The size of the area. The room and the space available will determine the type of flooring you need. A flooring specialist in Harrow could advise you on what will suit your needs best.
- How durable is it? All the flooring materials have their pros and cons. Some have long-lasting durability and some that are short-lasting and have lower tensile strength and usability, also a flooring option that you are not likely to have a dog or children damage it
- Aesthetic Appeal: Another factor to consider when opting for a flooring option is the aesthetic appeal you are looking for. In this sense, you may find that your house needs some updating and updating the flooring can add value to the property and improve its appearance. Consider the material and the design you want for the flooring, as well as the space and the budget available. Also, choose the flooring that can easily be maintained and installed.
There are several flooring options available for your home and If you are not sure what to choose, a good rule of thumb is to select a floor that you will not mind cleaning, one that is durable and easy to maintain, one that is aesthetically pleasing and one that is suitable for the space and the budget.
- Your Flooring Budget: One more factor to consider when opting for a flooring option is your estimated flooring budget. Flooring can be expensive, especially if you are replacing your existing flooring. So, before you decide on a particular option, determine how much money you are willing to spend on a flooring project. You will have to spend a good deal of time and money on a floor covering. The quality of your flooring will make or break your home.
You must have the right information when choosing the right flooring for your home. Choosing the right flooring option for your home is a matter of personal taste. If you love the way a particular type of flooring looks, then that’s the only thing that matters.
Residential Flooring Options
The flooring is an important, yet underrated part of your home. It is the surface on which you walk and it absorbs a lot of the impact if you happen to trip. When a friend visits, they judge you by how good the flooring looks. Your house will look much more professional if you choose an appropriate type.
Visit Wood Floors Direct for a wide range of wood flooring solutions for your residential project. Some of the options we stock are:
The vinyl floors you see today are much less glossy and much more durable than the vinyl floors of the past. Manufacturers are producing floors with longer wear times, which means you can do more than just step out of the shower and forget about the floor. These days, vinyl flooring is made with an inorganic binder system that resists the effects of everyday wear and tear.
So, even if you do wear your vinyl floors down, they will still stay in good condition, and they’ll last you much longer than a floor that gets scratched, scuffed, and worn out very quickly. The vinyl flooring that we’re seeing today is much more durable than the vinyl of times past.
The best vinyl floors have always been built to last. And that’s because they’re built with a combination of durable materials, like real wood, and top-notch finishes, like those found in premium vinyl plank flooring.
Browse selections here at Wood Floors Direct.
The Benefits Of our Vinyl Flooring:
- They Are Easy To Maintain: A common misconception about vinyl flooring is that it requires maintenance. It does not. It requires minimal maintenance and can be cleaned with the use of a dry microfiber or a damp cloth. Vinyl is the only type of flooring that can be installed in a variety of ways, and the way it is laid can vary from a traditional style to a modern style. Vinyl flooring can stand up to a great deal of foot traffic, which makes it a great choice for any home.
- vinyl floors are durable and are resistant to staining and cracking, but they can be a bit noisy if walked on. They can be made from a variety of different materials, including wood, bamboo, or composite, but there is also the option to go with vinyl tiles made from polyvinyl chloride. Vinyl flooring can be very versatile and is often a good choice for the bathroom. Vinyl flooring is often used in areas of high traffic, including the kitchen, and is one of the best options for use in areas with children and pets.
- Vinyl Flooring Is Versatile: Vinyl has a couple of other advantages over tile and stone, including its low maintenance and versatility. If you’re looking to cover a large area, vinyl flooring can be installed over subflooring and you can use it in many different areas of the house. It’s not as hard as tile, but it’s not as soft as hardwood, so it can get scratched, scuffed, and gouged. If you’re looking for a bathroom flooring option that’s easy to maintain, vinyl is perfect.
- Vinyl Flooring Are Moisture Resistant: Vinyl flooring is a waterproof, moisture-resistant flooring option. It’s ideal for homes with moisture issues such as bathroom floors, kitchen floors, basement floors, and laundry rooms. Vinyl flooring also offers excellent sound reduction. The flooring comes in a variety of designs.
Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT)
This is a composite product made of 3 layers that work together to create resilient, low-maintenance flooring. The bottom layer is a “backer board” – a PVC base for stability. The central core for water resistance does provide the strength for the flooring. At the top is the vinyl core layer which is printed with the pattern and colour.
The LVT flooring is made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin and polyurethane (PU) resin. The PVC resin is used for the wear layer and the PU resin is used for the aluminium oxide layer. The aluminium oxide layer is a protective layer that covers the PVC resin and the PU resin. The wear layer is a layer that is used to protect the surface of the flooring and the aluminium oxide layer is a layer that protects the wear layer. The wear layer is the top layer of the flooring and it is the most visible layer.
LVT is ideal for your residential flooring if you want something different from hardwood.
Browse selections here at Wood Floors Direct.
Benefits Of Luxury Vinyl Tile Are As Follows
They Are Durable: Those of you who deal with young children know the importance of durable flooring. There is no sense replacing your flooring if it will just get scratched up by children.
It Has A Great Visual Appeal: Vinyl tiles have a great visual appeal. Although it has not been around for a long time, it has become quite popular because of its solid design and attractive appeal that is seen in the majority of tile designs.
There are a lot of advantages that come with it, especially the fact that it is waterproof. This gives protection to the floors especially if kids and pets are running around the house. Another advantage is that it does not need much maintenance since it is resistant to scratches and liquid spills.
In addition, it creates a fun atmosphere in the kitchen, which may be boring, due to its non-slip flooring and bright colours that work well in breaking apart monotony.
Moisture Resistant: Few things are as frustrating as a wet footprint, a puddle of water, or spilt coffee. With vinyl tile flooring you can rest assured that it will stand up to spills and moisture because it’s waterproof. If you’re tired of hassling with wood flooring or carpeting that gets ruined because of liquid accidents, then our vinyl floors are worth serious consideration.
At its core, laminate flooring (also referred to as floating floors) is a lot like vinyl flooring. Laminate flooring consists of several layers that are laminated together using high pressure and heat. A top layer of resin is added to provide a protective coating and for aesthetic purposes. The core is where you can see the biggest difference between vinyl and laminate flooring. While laminate flooring uses the more durable HDF board, the core can also be made from other high-density materials like MDF.
Reasons for choosing luxury vinyl tile are as follows:
Easy to install: Manufactured to be able to click together at the joints, laminate flooring does not require any glue, nor does it have to be hammered together. This means an incredibly easy installation that many DIY enthusiasts can carry out themselves. On top of that, if you mistakenly scratch or damage your floors, you can simply replace the damaged board and carry on.
Easy To Clean: Make your home immaculate with the use of laminate flooring. You can easily clean them with the use of a vacuum or a broom. Laminate flooring is also ideal if you have allergies, as dust will be less likely to gather in it. The glossiness will create a bright and fresh atmosphere for your home – perfect for entertaining guests!
They Are Durable: Laminate flooring is a great choice if you’re looking for a tough and durable flooring option. It’s also extremely easy to come by, with thousands of different designs to choose from in-store and online. The upper layer of laminate flooring is coated with polyester film which makes it scratch-resistant. This makes it a great choice if you have pets or kids in the house that are prone to mess or accidents. Laminate also has ‘pressed’ layers underneath, which help add to the durability and longevity of the material.
They Are Pocket Friendly: When it comes to flooring, a lot of people dream of having a hardwood floor. It is seen as a luxury product and for many people is completely out of their budget. So what do you do? Well, the answer is that you could install laminate flooring instead. Laminate flooring is enjoying massive popularity at the moment due in part to its versatility to look like many of the other floors found in homes throughout the country.
They are Extremely Versatile: Laminate flooring can come in a wide range of styles. Laminate is perfect for you if you have a certain style in mind and want to be able to replicate it exactly with your flooring. Best of all, laminate comes in an endless range of colours, patterns, finishes and textures so it’s easy to create a unique look.
Laminate is available in chipboard (solid) and engineered varieties; the solid variety often having the most options and being the most cost-effective option. With solid laminate flooring, the individual planks are bound together rather like traditional boards while engineered laminate consists of sheets that sit on top of each other to form a square grid pattern.
Most people prefer laminate flooring because of its many benefits in residential flooring.
Browse selections here at Wood Floors Direct.
Natural hardwood flooring has many advantages over its synthetic competitors. Not only is it made of real wood, but it is also resistant to moisture and excess heat, making it great for those with allergies or particular sensitivities.
Hardwood flooring also features an array of designs and styles giving you the freedom to design your room. In addition to the fact that many people feel wooden flooring gives off a substantial warmth in comparison to other hard surface options, this type of flooring is highly sought after due to its longevity and low maintenance properties.
At Wood Floors Direct, we are your preferred option for wood flooring in Brighton and all over the UK. We stock some of the best varieties of hardwood flooring and you can be sure that we have what you want to give your home the look you have ever wanted..
Browse through our selection today to make your choice..
Types Of Wood Flooring
Solid hardwood flooring: Solid hardwood flooring is the real deal. It’s all wood and a higher quality alternative to laminate or engineered hardwood flooring. It typically comes in 3/4″ thickness, but it can also come in 5/8″ thickness. It’s probably more expensive than laminate or engineered wood floors, but you get what you pay for. Solid hardwood flooring is considered to be real wood because it’s made with solid boards of wood and plywood backing.
Engineered hardwood flooring: Engineered hardwood flooring is popular for this reason. As a veneer of real wood glued to several layers of hardwood underneath, it has the stability over time of hardwood and the ability to be sanded and refinished often enough to tolerate even the most demanding use. Depending on the thickness of the wood veneer, engineered flooring can only be sanded and refinished once or twice before it’s time for a replacement.
Floors Made From Wood Have Many Advantages
- Durable And Long-Lasting: Wood flooring is very durable and can last a long time. It is very popular and can be found in most homes, but the installation can be time-consuming and difficult. Most of the time you will need the help of a professional to install the flooring. This is the reason why you can see most people having hardwood flooring installed by a professional.
- Wood flooring increases the value of your home: A great-looking, hardwood flooring adds value to your home. When you’re considering your next home improvement project, think about adding a hardwood floor to your home. A hardwood floor is a great investment that can add years of value to your home. It’s also a great investment for the environment because it’s durable and renewable.
There are many reasons to install a hardwood floor. It can be easier to clean than tile or laminate, and it’s easier to maintain. Plus, a hardwood floor will look great in any room in
- They Give A Warm Feel To Any Space: Wood flooring can give a warm feel to any space, but if you’re looking for something a little more unusual, there’s a wide variety of exotic hardwoods available. Some are hard, dense, and even a bit splintery; others are soft, fragrant, and as fine as a cloud.
- Wood Flooring Can Be Refurbished: Wood flooring can be refurbished, refinished or even replaced. The best thing to do is to contact a professional flooring contractor who has the knowledge and experience to work with your unique situation.
Wood Floors Direct has a huge selection of high-quality flooring options, from Hardwood flooring to Laminate, LVTs and Vinyl flooring options for your home, as well as for commercial applications.
We offer a wide variety of flooring and all of our products are available at the lowest prices. Our flooring options are available in a wide range of sizes and styles, so you can find a flooring solution that fits your style.
Call us today on PHONEXXX to speak with a representative to explore our residential flooring options.